Monday, July 25, 2011

. . . some trunkiness crept in . . .

Birthday lunch with Irmã Margarete and Irmão Nascimento

Well, the week was interesting as usual. Every week with Elder de Jesus in Cascavel is interesting. Nothing bland. Ever.

The beginning of the week was going well. We saw a dead guy laying in his driveway with a small black bag over him, in the pouring rain surrounded by cops, with his family screaming nearby. That was fun . . . pretty sure he was the victim of a gang drive-by shooting. I’m gonna miss my ghetto “free pass” aka “missionary name tag.” We’re pretty tight with the gangsters here.

William and Sabrina were excited for baptism, especially William. João (my Mini-Me) was excited as well. However, on Thursday we had to leave to go to Foz do Iguaçu for zone conference on Friday. We got back Friday at midnight. Zone conference was fun. Me and Elder Parrott gave our “last testimony.” It was intense. I almost cried, but then I didn’t. Unfortunately, by the time we got back, William and Sabrina had gone downhill due to lack of follow up, and didn’t get baptized. João had quite the adversity to deal with, but came off conqueror. His dad gave a little battle, saying he was kinda young, but I told him about me and then he said it was up to João and João said it is was he wanted. Awesome kid!

My birthday was okay. It’s kinda hard to have a great birthday as a missionary, but I don’t really care. In 3 weeks I’ll celebrate it with some Pizza Hut and a DQ Blizzard . . . ughhhhh soooo goooood!!!!

The potential for a major set-back for me occurred Sunday night when we went to a member’s house with the intention of scheduling a Family Night with them for Tuesday. When we walked into their home, they were watching the last 5 kilometers of the last day of the Tour de France. (I have been trying so hard to stay focused on missionary work these last few weeks – even to the extent that I forbade my mother from giving me any news about the Tour. Do you realize how hard that is for me? Focus. Focus. Focus!) I can’t believe Cadel Evans won. But whatev. Anyway, some trunkiness crept in as I explained to them why I was on the verge of hitting the TV. But I’m better now. I took a picture with him (below).

Well, gots to go,

Tchau,
Elder Titus
Me and Cadel Evans, winner of the 2011 Tour de France

1 comment:

  1. The last part of this was so funny! I can just imagine the immediate rise in heart beat and blood pressure when E. Titus saw the race on the TV. We recorded about 15 DVDs of the soccer world cup last year for Joey to watch when he gets back. He has had a few opportunities to play soccer on the mission, and that probably trunked him out a little. Great to read E. Titus's words.

    ReplyDelete