Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Deep in the work of converting English to Portuguese.


Hey, mom! Can I keep him? He doesn't eat much!


A pineapple plant. Amazing!


This week has been swell!

Natural juice is really popular here, and something unique to Brazil is the flavor of pineapple-mint. It’s freaking good! Pineapple is one of the things that I have really learned to love on my mission. And speaking of pineapple, have you ever seen one growing? We have an investigator who has a pineapple plant. Interesting picture, huh?

We’ve got a couple baptisms lined up for Saturday. After much persistence and prayer, we finally were able to get Natalia’s mom to sign the baptismal form and she is set for Saturday. Hopefully, the rest of the family will follow while I’m still here (Adao, Angelica, and 14-year-old son, Bruno). I would guess Bruno will be next.

Also, Ricardo (our surfer-type guy from last week) is still progressing and is excited for baptism. But he needs to settle on one church, either “beach church,” or the Church of Jesus Christ. Which would you choose?

We got a new ward mission leader this week and he’s excited to help. We set a goal to baptize weekly. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Unfortunately, I’m a bit on the busy side today, and nothing super exciting happened this past week, so I’ll keep it short today, and close it up here.

Tchau!
Elder Titus

No comments:

Post a Comment