Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A large Catholic Cathedral in Assis

Wow this week I swear we did nothing! Basically, because we didn’t. Monday we had district meeting, and Elder Morris got sick and didn’t wanna work. Wednesday was p-day. Thursday was another district meeting. And Friday, I had to go to Marilia to do a couple of baptismal interviews for our Zone Leaders. Then we slept there and came back on Saturday. So, as far as the work goes, I’ve had better weeks, that’s for sure.

Here is a picture of the Catholic Cathedral in downtown Assis. It’s bigger than it looks. There are like 20 or so catholic churches in Assis. And just one church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm anxious to get back to work!

Last night we ate dinner with a family from the ward, and the sister made some lemonade from scratch. It was really good and stuff, but there was one minor problem that I noticed as I was drinking. There were sugar ants floating in the water . . . after that first sip, I put the cup down. She asked me how it was, and I was like, “Mmmmmmm, Irmã.....muito bom....” (translation: “Mmmmmm, Sister….very good…”) Anyway, I was thirsty, so I drank the rest, too. Here’s the key when drinking ant juice -- just close your eyes, you can’t really taste them, and make sure you bless the water so you don’t get a disease and die. I love Brazil!

Well gotta run!

Elder Titus

PS The picture below is for Sister Hale and Sister Startin. They asked my mom if I really ate that much açaí -- you betcha! And straight out of the tub, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment