Monday, October 25, 2010

Hitchhiker

This looks like fun!

Yo yo yo,

So, I’m good now, settled down, calm, controlled. Only thinking about cycling every now and then, instead of always.

Brazilian presidential elections are this Sunday. I don’t really like either of the candidates. They all seem corrupt to me, just like home, haha.

Well, Flavia finally returned, and she and Flora are progressing toward baptism, and if Flavia can stop smoking for sure, they can get baptized this weekend. They have made a ton of progress already though. Jozi, however, got a bad case of depression and is slowly recuperating, and I fear that I will not be there to see her get baptized since transfers are this coming Monday. And if I don’t get transferred I’m gonna pull out my hair. I talked to Elder Galdino* yesterday and he thinks I’m going to Foz do Iguaçu, but I’m not so sure. It would be neat, but I hear it gets super hot there -- as if it’s not hot enough, gracious. I think I’m going to Maringa. TREES, SHADE!!!! That would sure be nice during summer time!

Today we´re actually going to do something super fun for p-day. Since we have various cities in our area, we can travel a little bit. There is a city called Florinea that has some cool things to see, principally, on the way there, there are a ton of banana trees, and there are MONKEYS!!! So today a member is going to take us out there and we´re gonna see some monkeys! Also, there is a big river that separates the states of Sao Paulo and Parana. So we´re gonna see that, too. But unfortunately for ya´ll, you have to wait until next week to see the coolness.

This past week some guy asked the weirdest question, like a nonbeliever type of question: “So how do you explain about when Mary cheated on Joseph?” Haha, good grief. Really? Like, Mary, the mother of Jesus? Well okay, never heard that one before, but nonetheless, I explained to him that it wasn’t like that. Mary didn’t have an affair with the Holy Ghost.

Well, have a good week!

ET

*Elder Galdino is one of the AP’s (Assistant to the President). He was one of my first companions, and my mom has kind of “adopted” him since he lost both of his parents this past March.

No comments:

Post a Comment