Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Wish I Got More of Those Types of Phone Calls!

A branch member made me this awesome cake for my birthday!


Açaí berries! My new favorite food!

Oi,

So, I was about to complain about how cold it was here, but it stopped and now it’s hot again. Last Friday was the coldest day I’ve experienced in Brazil, even though I wasn’t that cold. When we were doing street contacts at 8:30 PM, everyone was freaking out! Everyone was wearing multiple layers, scarves, gloves and hats and everything. People at the bus stops were tucking in and shivering uncontrollably. Sounds cold, right? Well, what’s funny is that we couldn’t even see our breath in the air, so that means that it was not below 50 degrees. They were acting just like I did when I was back in Rexburg, walking to class at BYU-Idaho and it was -40. That’s a 90 degree difference. haha. Wow.....

This past Sunday we had 6 investigators go to church, so that is way better than the zero we had last week. Many people are progressing. Flavia and Flora are for sure, but Flavia is going out of town for a month, but we will still continue to teach Flora and her daughter and her family. And finally, finally, Agosto got back from the farm, and now we can focus and work towards baptism. He was supposed to be baptized on the 17th. It’s still undetermined at the moment, but we’re shooting for July 30th, so we’ll see. Also, last week I got a phone call one night from this one lady in our ward who told me that her mom wants to be baptized, and she asked if we could teach her the next day. Her mom is Silvia, and she is practically a member, but she had problems with her divorce and was living with a dude. The divorce finally went through, and she married the guy, and now she’s ready for baptism. She has yet to mark a date, but that’s cool. I wish I got more of those types of phone calls!

The best thing that happened this week was last night at Marlene´s house. They are doing sooooo good. It’s amazing. They are such a cute family. She was telling me about what they are doing. Every day they read a chapter from the Book of Mormon and pray before bedtime together. And Guilherme told me that he also reads and prays on his own every day. The difference in this family is amazing. They are sooo happy. This is what we tell everyone will happen to them if they do that; read and pray daily. But no one does it -- until now. Finally someone listens. Holy cow, it actually works! I don’t understand why its so hard for people to do that. Miria also just finished 1st Nephi. Yea! Good recent converts rock!

Last week we decided that it would be in our best interest to each buy a kilo tub of açaí berries from the store. That was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Elder McCombs and I already ate both of them, And we bought another kilo today. Açaí everyday! Nothing is better. Life is good.

Well, time to go.

- Elder Titus

No comments:

Post a Comment