Monday, April 11, 2011

The Winds of Change are Blowing!

Did you know that the Tropic of Capricorn passes right by Arapongas?

This is the entrance into Arapongas. A fitting photo for my last day here.

Sorry for not writing last week. I was at a leadership conference in Londrina and we only had time to write a few sentences. However, if it helps you feel better, I can say that it was a very spiritually uplifting meeting.

So, I just found out that I’m getting transferred!! I’m going to Cascavel! (Titus Pronunciation Guide: cahs-cuh-veu), which translated means “Rattlesnake.” Yes! Arapongas has been good to me but it’s time to move on to greener pastures. The weirdest thing is that I think it will be my LAST AREA, seeing that I only have 3 more transfers to go! That’s a crazy thought. This coming Sunday marks 4 months until I go home. It’s passing by too fast. There’s still way too much to get done!!!
Anyway, so there are also a ton of changes happening in my current district. Elder J. Lima is going to take my place as district leader (he only has 9 months left!). Elder McCombs is going to TRAIN!!!! And Elder Morris is going to take my spot with Elder Siqueira. They are brothers since I trained them both. Elder Morris is also now turning "senior." I’m so happy for him. I still remember when I first got him. He has changed so much. However, I still think that people from Mississippi shouldn’t speak Portuguese.... haha. It confuses the Brazilians.

Well my friends, I have to go pack and get ready for my trip. First I’m going with Elder McCombs to Londrina, then I’ll be meeting up with Elder Finato to go from Londrina to Cascavel, a stones throw away -- just a 7 HOUR BUS RIDE!!!!!! It’s the second southern-est city in our mission, an hour north of IguaƧu Falls (a 7th Wonder of the World), bordering Paraguay and Argentina.

Tchau!
Elder Titus
Check this out! I have my own line of jeans and didn't even know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment