Monday, March 14, 2011

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”

My buddy, Jefferson. He's going to be a missionary soon!

Me and my new companion, Elder Siqueira (the camera angle makes him look short, but he's really not)

Elder Siqueira attacked by killer dog during his very first week

Faithful Titus followers:

Sorry for the lackage of valuable information for this past week, but time is like cold weather here in Brazil, there’s not much of it.

New companion information: his name is Elder Siqueira (see-care-uh), from Fortaleza, Ceará, (same state as my trainer Elder Da Silva). He is 19 years old, tall, gangly, shy-ish (for now). Dark skin, dark hair, brown eyes. He´s been a member of the church for 6 years. He is willing and obedient, just the way I like ´em.

Elder de Jesus, my previous companion, is now comps with Elder Yuma (I was in the MTC with him) and they share an apartment with Elder Galdino and his greenie companion, Elder Caetano. Elder Galdino is the zone leader in Marilia. I met up with Elder Galdino in Londrina, two weeks ago, to pick up our new companions. We ended up taking the wrong bus, and getting lost. But that’s a story for another day.

Last week I mentioned that we had a little conference with an Area Seventy,in Londrina, and besides seeing Jefferson, another awesome thing happened that day. I got another letter from Miria, who is from Assis. She informed me that her mom finally got baptized, and also if you go back to some of my June blog accounts, we were teaching Meryellen, (the daughter of Irma Rosi, a recent convert)and she ALSO got baptized!!!! And after having me tell her nearly every day for 6 months not to marry the dude she wanted to marry, it finally sunk into her head, and she followed my counsel and dumped him (he was hesitant towards the church because of things his inactive neighbor had told him). Now she is happy, baptized, sin free, and wanting to serve a mission next year!!! I have come to better understand that scripture in Ecclesiastes where it says “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

I heard about Japan. Crazy. It’s all over the news here. Glad I’m in Brazil and nothing awful like that happens here (just drug dealers......)

Well gotta go!

- Elder Titus

No comments:

Post a Comment