Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Got Transferred!

Anyone want a banana?

Isn't he pretty?

OK, the odds were against me for getting transferred. So, yep, never trust the odds! I’m out. I’m actually in a different state right now. I was in the state of Paraná, but now I’m in the state of Sáo Paulo, in the northern most zone of our mission. The city is called Baurú (bow-roo, with a rolled “r”). It was a boring 6 hour bus ride to get here. It´s hotter here, too. I’m in a completely different area than Ibiporã, called Baurú Centro, or in the center. It’s a pretty big city, with sky scrapers and stuff, and we’re right in the middle of the city, so it's very different. My companion is Elder Villela (Vee-leh-luh) from Belo Horizonte, Brazil. He seems cool so far. We’re in a ward, not a branch, so that’s a nice change, and the area baptizes which is unique to our mission. President Leal shut down many areas because they weren’t baptizing. He shut down at least 5 that I know of -- at least for a while, until we get more missionaries.

This past Sunday, all went well with our family of Fernando. All 5 were baptized. I baptized Jefferson. And a few people I was teaching back in Ibipora will be baptized this week, including the wife of that guy that had a dream where he saw the two sides while he was sitting on a wall (see 12-14-09 blog).

Elder Carter will be training a new elder named Elder Santana from Bahia, and Elder Galdino will stay in our old area with Elder Barbosa. I was informed of my transfer at 9:30 last night, so I didn’t get to say goodbye to anyone from Ibiporã. I’m a little bummed about that.

Yesterday we were in the office, and I got to meet the 2 new American elders that arrived. Elder Galdino asked “Para onde voce vai?” (where are you going?... like what area were the new elders being sent to) and one of them responded
“Duas e.... thirty,” (which he was trying to say duas e meia, or trinta, which means 2:30, which was WHEN he was leaving, not WHERE he was going). Then Galdino said, “Não,.onde?... não quando.” (no, where? not when.)

FUNNY!

The downfall about being in Baurú is that I probably won't get mail but every 5 or 6 weeks, then it's about another 3 weeks for it to get to the states. So yeah, sorry. But don't let that stop you from writing!

So that’s it for now!

Until next week,
Elder Titus

No comments:

Post a Comment