Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Call Comes In!

May 22, 2009
After much anticipation and a huge amount of patience, I received the call at work, from mom letting me know the letter from the First Presidency had arrived! We hurried home, and the family gathered around as I opened it up. I thought it would be funny if I teased them a bit, so initially, I announced, "You are hereby called to serve," (I paused here for better effect) "in the Utah, Salt Lake City Mission!" There was a collective gasp from everyone present and then my Aunt Sue said, "They wouldn't send you there!" I laughed and told them I was kidding, and then proceeded with the real announcement, "You are hereby called to serve in the Brazil, Londrina Mission." Danielle, who was listening via the cell phone, was very pleased that her guess of Brazil was correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment